This Code is to regulate:
- Insurance and re-insurance;
- Insurance and re-insurance brokerage;
- The conditions of setting up, implementation and termination of the activities related to insurance and re-insurance, insurance and re-insurance brokerage;
- The insurance agreement;
- The compulsory insurance, and
- The insurance surveillance.
The goals of the Code are:
- Ensuring the protection of the interests of the insurance services users, and
- Setting up the conditions for the development of a sustainable, transparent and effective insurance market.
Regulation No. 49 dated 16 October 2014 on the compulsory insurance
Regulation No. Ів-991/ 03.07.2006 on the forms and the way of exchanging information and interface between the Information Center on the Third Party Liability Insurance of Motorists and obligatory Accident Insurance for the passengers in the Republic of Bulgaria, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Transport.
The Regulation is rendered by the Minister of Internal Affairs, the Minister of Transport and the Chairperson of the Financial Surveillance Committee, published in State Gazette No. 57, dated 14.07.2006.
This Regulation set out the forms and the way of exchanging information and the interface between the Information Center (IC) under Art. 292 of the Insurance Code, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Transport and the Financial Surveillance Committee.
The Information Center exchanges information and interacts with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Transport for the purpose of:
- Establishing the motor vehicles, for the possession and the use of which there is no effective Third Party Liability Insurance of Motorists as well as the passenger public transport carriers not having an effective obligatory Accident Insurance for the passengers;
- Assistance in the exercise of the rights of any persons looking for compensation under the Third Party Liability Insurance of Motorists or obligatory Accident Insurance for the passengers.
Regulation on the Guarantee Fund Organization and Operation
This Regulation sets out:
- The Guarantee Fund organization and operation;
- Collection, management and spending of the resources thereunder;
- Fund’s status and scope of activity.